Friday, October 10, 2014

There's Something Fishy Going On.




I don't believe in making New Year's resolutions. No one ever seems to keep them and the ticking over from one calendar year to the next hardly seems like a good reason to make a change. I am, however, resolving to list one quilt a week. Becky has been so busy with gorgeous custom quilts all this year and I've clearly been busy doing everything but blogging! I think Becky's made enough quilts and other beautiful things that I can show you a different quilt every week until 2015, and beyond. Here goes... wish me luck!


This beauty is a queen-sized organic cotton quilt made for a lucky 3 year-old boy. It's made from a variety of printed and solid organic fabrics from Birch Fabrics.



The client opted to mix and match fabrics from different collections and they come together wonderfully. The fancifully fishy Playing Koi fabric from the Eiko Collection features prominently. It's my favourite fabric this year. I tried to come up with a sewing project I could make for myself with it, but we ran out of Playing Koi before I managed it.


The simply pieced backing and the difference in the spacing of the quilting over the blocks add enough interest to make this a reversible quilt.


A pair of quilted pillow shams will dress up the boy's bed perfectly.

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends. I hope you enjoy the long weekend.








No comments:

Post a Comment