Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Wonders of Winter

Last week I brought my sewing machine to the good people at Giroux Sewing Centre in Cornwall, Ontario for repairs. Cornwall lies on the shore of the St Lawrence River and as I drove in to town along Montreal St. I admired the old stone farmhouses on one side of the road, but I was stunned by the beauty of the river on the other side. There was a lovely white mist over the water and all around it the snow, ice, and water sparkled in the bright sun. 


It was very cold, about -28 C (or -18 F),  and Becky tells me that this mist is called ice fog.


I've never seen or noticed ice fog before (I grew up in the city where one tends to miss out on such wonders) and it took my breath away... or maybe that was the crazy cold air! Nevermind, it was lovely and I braved the biting cold to snap a few photos.





No comments:

Post a Comment