Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cathedral Windows Quilt

Custom work is always fun because no two 'jobs' are alike. Usually a custom order starts from scratch with the client's ideas as a starting point, but sometimes my job is to finish a project the client has already started. And sometimes (well, just this one time so far) I finish a project that my client's mother started!


This lovely baby quilt was started by Danielle's mother when she was pregnant with Danielle. As happens to so many of us during pregnancy, her ambitious plan was thwarted and she wasn't able to complete it in time.


Once Danielle was born, I imagine free time was even scarcer for her mom, so the half-completed cathedral windows quilt top was stored away for years and years.


Now Danielle is expecting and I'm finishing the quilt so her baby can snuggle under it. Every custom order is an adventure, but when a quilt has a sweet story like this one, it's a very special treat to work on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment